Untinted clear furniture wax -a staple in any painters studio!
Our museum quality wax is made from beeswax and carnauba wax!
- Our Fusion Mineral Paint has a built in top-coat so waxing is not necessary for protecting your furniture.
- This 2 oz. container goes a long way. Use a clean cotton cloth or brush to apply wax in a thin layer, working into the recesses of carved details or surface imperfections.
- Wipe away excess. Allow it to dry for 3-5 minutes. Buff to a shine with a clean lint-free cotton cloth.
- Our wax fully cures in 30 days.
- Virtually no odor.
- Wax applied over raw wood is beautiful
- Wax is applied as the very last step on your painting project.
- If you want to repaint someday, just use solvent to remove it, then repaint.
Tip: You can also apply a coat of clear wax before you apply a tinted wax. This will make the wax a little more "workable" and it will be easier to remove the tinted wax in areas where you want less ageing. Alternatively, you can apply it without the clear wax underneath, and use clear wax as an “eraser” to remove or lighten any areas you feel are too dark.
Tip: We do not recommend waxing surfaces you plan on washing or that encounter a lot of water. It is best to not use outdoors. (Use our glazes for this application).
Tip: We suggest cleaning your brush with soap and warm water or our brush cleaner. Most painters keep a separate brush for wax and a separate brush for paint.